Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My Brazil

I'll be honest, Brazil doesn't always feel like home to me.  I mean, I grew up eating peanut butter and jelly, drinking water out of the faucet and running barefoot in the grass.  I forget that Brazil is home to our four little people.  Myla was three and Ellie 10 months when we first came to Brazil.  Danny and Flavia were born here.



 Myla and Ellie can't understand why on their homeschool videos it's all about America.  What is so great about America, they ask, what about Brazil?

Peanut butter and jelly?  Not interested.  Grilled chicken hearts and grilled goat cheese?  Fights break out as to who gets the most!  Comfort food for three of them is beans and rice. 

Did I ever once check the shower drain for centipedes when I was a kid?  Nope, not once!  They do it everyday!

I thought it would be fun to interview these bi-lingual, bi-cultural missionary kids on why (or what) they love Brazil.

Myla:  I love Brazil because we get to go to conference (our yearly missionary conference with the BMM missionaries).  There is a park about 15 minutes away from our house that is called Parque Madureira.  It has a children's park, gardens, a skate park and every other thing you can think of.

 


Ellie:  I love Brazil because it is so large and beautiful and because there is everything.  I like conference.



Daniel:  doors, houses, mountains, christmas trees, beds, tv, books and toys




Flavia:  She just gave me lots of shy smiles and giggles, so I take that to mean she loves Brazil. 








4 comments:

Aly sun said...

A fun perspective! Thanks for sharing.

Kelsey said...

very sweet--love the perspectives.

Rena said...

I always love hearing and seeing things from a child's (i.e.,MK's) eye. A bit different sometimes from the parents'! Your kids are so cute. I hope they always love Brazil!

Lydia said...

So Adorable. I miss them so much. It's so true about our growing up years and fun experiences. Thanks for sharing. :)