Friday, February 1, 2013

Spiritual Battles

The world is poised and panting, eager to enter into Sodom and Gomorrah and fulfull every fleshly lust for a few short days. The thought process, the planning, the money that goes into such an event is astronomical. Even the very air is electric with the anticipation they are feeling.


But what of the aftermath.
 
No one talks about the virginity that is lost.
 
The diseases that are contracted.
 
The fatherless children that are conceived.
 

As with any sinful activity, only the beauty and "you must have it now" side is advertised.


"The thief cometh not, but for to steal and to kill, and to destroy; I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."
~Jesus
 
Please pray for the believers. It is easy for us to close out the sights and sounds, we are foreigners. It is not always so easy for the new believers who may have participated in the past, but now they are on a new path.
 
"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand."
~ Jesus
 
Our six churches and congregations have a teen retreat planned to counter attack the fiery darts of the enemy. Please pray for the pastors and wives who have put so much planning and prayer into this event, that they would have the strength and energy they need. Please pray for the teens themselves. No doubt there will be those that come who do not know Jesus Christ. No doubt those who DO know Jesus Christ will come also, but the world is whispering, enticing, tempting. Pray for recharged spiritual batteries. Pray for our speaker that God will use him in a mighty way!

2 comments:

Vicki Reiner said...

I will be praying with you for these young people. They get hit from every angle - need to shine up the armor!!!

Rena said...

I'm always glad when this time of the year gets past us! Praying for your retreat.
Rena